Daddy's Do List
How You Can Shape Your Daughter - by Marjo Jordan
• Tell her she’s pretty.
• Spend time doing things she likes to do.
• Get to know her likes and dislikes.
• Pray for her.
• Touch her shoulder tenderly.
• Squeeze her hand.
• Wink at her.
• Listen to her.
• Let her see your emotional side.
• Respect her need for space.
• Write her a letter and read it to her.
• Read the last chapter in Always Daddy’s Girl by H. Norman Wright, “A Letter to Fathers of Daughters,” Regal Books, 1989.
• Tell her you love her.
• Tell her you value her as a woman.
• Speak words of blessing such as, "May God do great things through the strong personality He has given you."
• Read The Dad Difference by Josh McDowell and Norman Wakefield, Here’s Life Publishers, 1989.
• Listen to Steve and Annie Chapman’s song, Her Daddy’s Love.
• Read John Rosemond’s book, Teen-Proofing: A Revolutionary Approach to Fostering Responsible Decision Making in Your Teenager, www.rosemond.com.
• Learn as much as you can from Jesus, and you’ll be a terrific dad.
From: Life Line, Summer 2002 - http://www.menslife.org/hmml_art/hmml_life_sum02.pdf
Home | Links
| Glossary | More to come!
This website is Copyright 2003 by Nathan Martin. All rights
This page is: file:///S:/Nathan/Websites/ghh/dolist.shtml